Someone asked for this
How To Make Yam Flour
Highlight of Production Processing
· Yam selection; fresh harvested yam gotten from the farm are sorted to select whole-some tubers that are suitable for the production of instant pounded yam flour. Usually the mature white varieties of yam are most suitable.
· Weighing; the selected yam are weighed properly
· Washing; the yam tubers are washed properly in order to get rid of sand and other extraneous materials.
· Peeling and slicing; the washed yam tubers are peeled and then sliced to desired thickness.
· Parboiling; the sliced yam are then put into boiling water over a period of time depending on the thickness of the slices.
· Drying; the parboiled yam slices are dried in a dryer at a specified drying temperature and time.
· Milling; the dried yam slices are milled directly into flour of uniform particle size.
· Packaging; the yam flour is the finally packaged in moisture proof nylon bags.
Kudos and credit goes to the owner