NATURAL SELF MADE AND PRESERVED TOMATO PASTE
To enjoy the fresh tomatoes, you can turn them into various products, namely paste, puree, ketchup, juice etc just right inside your kitchen.
Since a lot of our women cook with tomato paste, let me briefly guide us on how to prepare tomato paste in your home.
1. Buy fully ripe and hard tomatoes. (do not use “awarawa”)
2. Buy some fresh shumbo or tatashi if you desire your paste to be very red in colour.
3. Wash with cold water and cut into pieces (2-4 slices)
4. Bring to boil. Do not add any water while cooking instead add salt.
5. Allow to cool, then sieve out the water (You can use the water to cook or discard it)
6. Grind to smooth consistency (Note! Do not grind before boiling)
7. Now do gravitational sieving to further eliminate water from the ground tomatoes and obtain harder paste. The gravitational sieving picture is shown here.
8. Put the paste into airtight containers if you do not have freezer. But if you have freezer just put the paste inside any container/cellophane and then store in the freezer. The tomato you process now can last till next 6-9 months. What are you waiting for?.
Note: If you don’t have freezer you can use empty mayonnaise bottles, after feeling it with the tomatoes put water in a pot and boil then put your bottle tomatoes inside for like 10 minutes bring it down allow to cool then keep in ur kitchen shelves.