Onion Cough Syrup
How to Make Onion Cough Syrup
Glass container with lid
An Onion that fits into the container
Granulated sugar (white or brown)
1. Peel your onion. Slice it into rounds (which will fit into your jar.)
Peel and chop your onion to make onion cough syrup
2. Layer onion and sugar in the jar. It’s like making an onion parfait!
3. When the jar is full, cover it and set at room temperature for 6-8 hours until a syrup forms.
4. You’ll see a syrup start forming within an hour or two. Leave it until it’s fully liquid, approximately 6-8 hours.
5. Ready to use! Simply eat a spoonful of this syrup as needed to soothe your cough. Store in the refrigerator. Discard after 48 hours.
Easy to make and it’s very effective.