A lot of people dispose plantain when they notice that it is over ripe. I want to show you want you can do to it. You will fall in love with this Recipe. You will start asking for overiped plantain from today😋😋😋
See this recipe, try it at home and you will love it
How To Make Plantain Mosa
3 over-ripe plantain
9 heaped tablespoons plain flour (all purpose flour)
6 teaspoons fast action yeast
24 tablespoons warm water
Rodo (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Method of Preparation
1. Mix the yeast with the warm water making sure there are no lumps. Cover and set aside.
2. Peel the overripe plantain and mash with a fork till a good blend is achieved. Set aside.
3. Sift the plain flour and the salt into a sizeable bowl. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add the yeast solution and stir till you get a medium consistency. If it is too thick, add a few more tablespoons of warm water and mix till you get a medium consistency.
5. Add the mashed plantain. Mix with a spatula till well incorporated.
6. Cover with aluminium foil. Leave in a warm place to rest for 10-15 minutes.
7. After that time, you’ll notice that it a bit fluffy.
8. Beat the batter with a spoon then add your rodo
9. Heat some vegetable oil in a pot. The oil should be about 3 inches deep.
10. Scoop small amounts of the batter into the oil using your fingertips. Watch as they sizzle, come up to the surface of the oil and puff up.
11. Stir constantly till golden. Reduce the heat if you think the plantain mosas are browning too quickly, this is to ensure that the inside is well cooked by the time the outside browns.
Follow on Instagram Oluwakemi_blog for more recipes
12. When done, transfer to a paper-lined sieve to drain. That’s it!
13. Serve with a chilled drink of your choice.