HOW TO MAKE UNRIPE PLANTAIN MOIMOI: Unripe plantain moi moi is very delicious.
4 unripe plantains
8 large tomatoes (Optional)
8 large tatasheys (red bell pepper)
1 medium sized red onion
Little water just enough for blending
seasoning cubes to taste. I used two.
Salt to taste
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 hard boiled eggs or more if you are wrapping small sized moi moi. You can cook with fewer eggs, just divide them in halves before adding to the moi moi. Or leave eggs out completely if you like.
Leaves for wrapping
1. Peel, chop and blend unripe plantains with tomatoes, tatashey and onion till very smooth.
2. Add oil, salt and seasoning cubes to taste.
3. Wrap in leaves, drop in the boiled eggs while wrapping.
4. Place in a steamer after wrapping and continue till the plantain is exhausted.
5. Cook for about 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat, take off the lid on the pot and leave to cool a bit and harden.
7. Serve with some delicious sauce. I made green pepper and crayfish sauce. Served and it really went well. I’ll add the recipe for the sauce below.
8. Enjoy with family and live healthy.
Blend only plantain with a little water.
Add vegetable oil and salt to taste
Mix well, wrap and steam till cooked.
Leave to cool a bit and
Serve with stew or pepper sauce.