HOW TO MAKE TOMATO KETCHUP
1.5kg fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 & half cup of vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chilli Powder
Salt to taste
500ml of water
* Roughly cut the tomatoes, put in a pot with a little water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
* Allow the pot to subside.
* Once done, blend it into a very fine puree & run it through the mesh.
* Cook the puree on moderate heat, add brown sugar, white vinegar, chilli powder and salt.
* Let it continue cooking for 15-20 minutes until it becomes thick.
* Put a few drops on a clean plate, tilt it & if it’s not runny then the ketchup is ready.
* Put the ketchup into a squeeze bottle when it’s cool.
Cover & it’s ready for use..