HOW TO MAKE POWDERED MILK
•liquid milk (skimmed or full fat will work)
1. Pour milk in a big oven-safe dish. It’s best to keep the milk at shallow levels, to dry out quickly. I tend to keep it at a maximum of an inch.
2. Depending on the size of your oven and/or dish, you can pour the milk into several dishes.
3. Next, place the dishes into your oven at it’s lowest temperature. If it can go as low as 50-60ºC, then that’s ideal. Otherwise, select the lowest temperature that you can, using the fan-assisted option.
4. If you don’t have a fan option then leave the oven door open slightly, to let the evaporating liquid out so the milk dries quicker.
5. As the water evaporates, the milk will become pastier and pastier until finally, it becomes a thick paste. Make sure the milk paste doesn’t turn brown while drying – that’s a sign that the temperature is too high.
6. Stir from time to time – this allows the water to evaporate evenly, especially when the milk starts turning to a paste.
7. Once you get the milk paste, spread it out on a tray or over parchment paper and return to the oven or dehydrator to finish drying the milk.
8. Once the paste is completely dry, you will be able to easily remove it from the tray/baking sheet. At this point, it will be easily snappable, with no bend.
9. Add little sugar and grind the flakes into powder using a blender, then pass the dehydrated milk powder through a fine-mesh sieve. Then grind the bigger pieces again- that way you’ll achieve a very fine powder.
10. Store the powdered milk in an airtight container. Make sure there is no moisture in it at all and keep stored in a cool, dark place. Milk powder can be kept for months, if not years this way.
HOW TO MAKE POWDERED MILK WITHOUT AN OVEN
1. Pour milk in pot and boil. Keep boiling until water is absorbed
2. When all the water is dried completely, take a big plate / tray and spread the dehydrated milk.
3. Allow to cool and wait until crispy this will take 12-13 hours in room temperature and 9-10 hours under sunlight
4. When dried, crush it with hand and then add 2 tbsp of sugar n blend it
5. When blending is done, take a sieve and sieve it well
PLEASE NOTE: When dehydrating using oven or pot, make sure you open alittle to allow it everporate faster👍
Check pictures below to understand better. Wait for it to load
How to make condensed milk:
INGREDIENTS Of CONDENSED MILK
2 litre full cream milk
1 cup powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE CONDENSED MILK
Step 1 to 3
To prepare this, take a deep-bottomed pan and put it over medium flame. Ensure that the bottom of your pan is thick or the milk will stick to the bottom. Add full fat milk u can use powdered milk as well in it along with powdered sugar and mix well.
Once mixed, lower the flame and simmer the milk for a 2-3 minutes, until sugar is dissolved completely. Let the milk simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the milk is reduced by half and thickened. If the foam rises up, remove it using a spoon. You have to keep stirring continuously or the milk might burn.
Once the condensed milk is ready, turn off the flame and let it cool down at room temperature. Transfer to a jar and close with a airtight lid. Put it in refrigerator to chill, this will make up to one and a half cup of condensed milk. You can store this condensed milk for up to 1 week.