HOW TO MAKE POWDERED MILK
•liquid milk (skimmed or full fat will work)
1. Pour milk in a big oven-safe dish. It’s best to keep the milk at shallow levels, to dry out quickly. I tend to keep it at a maximum of an inch.
2. Depending on the size of your oven and/or dish, you can pour the milk into several dishes.
3. Next, place the dishes into your oven at it’s lowest temperature. If it can go as low as 50-60ºC, then that’s ideal. Otherwise, select the lowest temperature that you can, using the fan-assisted option.
4. If you don’t have a fan option then leave the oven door open slightly, to let the evaporating liquid out so the milk dries quicker.
5. As the water evaporates, the milk will become pastier and pastier until finally, it becomes a thick paste. Make sure the milk paste doesn’t turn brown while drying – that’s a sign that the temperature is too high.
6. Stir from time to time – this allows the water to evaporate evenly, especially when the milk starts turning to a paste.
7. Once you get the milk paste, spread it out on a tray or over parchment paper and return to the oven or dehydrator to finish drying the milk.
8. Once the paste is completely dry, you will be able to easily remove it from the tray/baking sheet. At this point, it will be easily snappable, with no bend.
9. Add little sugar and grind the flakes into powder using a blender, then pass the dehydrated milk powder through a fine-mesh sieve. Then grind the bigger pieces again- that way you’ll achieve a very fine powder.
10. Store the powdered milk in an airtight container. Make sure there is no moisture in it at all and keep stored in a cool, dark place. Milk powder can be kept for months, if not years this way.
HOW TO MAKE POWDERED MILK WITHOUT AN OVEN
1. Pour milk in pot and boil. Keep boiling until water is absorbed
2. When all the water is dried completely, take a big plate / tray and spread the dehydrated milk.
3. Allow to cool and wait until crispy this will take 12-13 hours in room temperature and 9-10 hours under sunlight
4. When dried, crush it with hand and then add 2 tbsp of sugar n blend it
5. When blending is done, take a sieve and sieve it well
PLEASE NOTE: When dehydrating using oven or pot, make sure you open alittle to allow it everporate faster👍
Have a lovely day
Credit and Kudos to owner
Check pictures below to understand better.
How To Make Mayonnaise At Home.
Homemade Mayonnaise takes less than 10 minutes to make at home, and it tastes SO much better than most of the brands at the store.
2 large eggs at room temperature*
1.25 cups olive oil (NOT extra virgin)
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice at room temperature
1. Place ¼ cup of oil in a food processor, and add the egg and a pinch of salt.
2. Process thoroughly, for about 30 seconds, until combined and pale yellow in color.
3. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the remaining oil until the mixture is emulsified and thick. Adding the oil slowly makes for a creamier mayonnaise. The total pouring time to aim for should be 60-90 seconds.
4. With the food processor still running, add the lemon juice, and mix briefly, for only about 5-10 seconds, until incorporated.
The mayonnaise is now ready to be used. Enjoy!
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
HOW TO MAKE BOURNVITA AT HOME:
300g of Cocoa powder
250g of Icing sugar
250g of Milk flavouring powder
120g of Powder milk
1 Egg white
Get a clean dry bowl, pour in ur cocoa pwd, Icing sugar & mix very well, add ur milk flavouring powder, the powder milk & mix, break ur egg remove d yolk, use only d white water & mix everything together till its all blend very well. Use ur hand to mix, then put in oven to dry very well, u will notice that it is done in d next 10 to 15mins but if u don’t have oven u can use stove or gas. U can double d pot, make sure u don’t allow it to get burn.
Some use more than one egg but I decided to use 1 & it came out well so I can drink tea any time my baby even appreciate me. Best of luck to u all.
Pour in d powder milk before d egg white
If u want to do Milo use d same method but d only thing is that d powder milk will be much than the cocoa powder
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK AT HOME WITH POWDERED MILK:
You can now make sweetened condensed milk from powdered milk in the comfort of your own home. It is easy to make and tastes great too. Try it out and let us know what you think.
3 3/4 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tbs salt
2 1/3 cups water
How to prepare:
Mix the water and powdered milk together
Add the milk and sugar and salt into a heavy bottomed saucepan
Heat it on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved
Once all of the sugar has dissolved bring the mix to a simmer over low/medium heat. Do not stir once the mix starts to simmer otherwise it can crack and crystalize
Gently simmer for roughly 35-40 minutes, or until the milk has darkened to an almost grey color, has reduced by half and thickened (After about 15 minutes, you’ll notice that the milk will start to turn dark and thicken – that’s ok and is exactly what’s supposed to happen)
You may notice some foam forming on top. Gently skim it off with a spoon.
When ready, remove from the heat and pour into a jar to cool (if there are sugary bits hanging around the rim of your pot don’t stir them into your condensed milk, this can also crack your mix)
Let the condensed milk cool completely before putting on the airtight lid.
Store in a jar in the fridge and it will last for months. Don’t forget to label it.
This is the equivalent of a can of sweetened condensed milk. This will keep unrefrigerated for a day or two because of the sugar. In the fridge it will keep for 2 weeks. For longer storage than that, freeze it.
NOTES:we have a lot of recipe and procedure to make condensed milk
Condensed milk can be make with milk and sugar only and it can be make with milk, sugar, baking soda and it can be make with
Milk, sugar, butter and vanilla.
Credit to owners